Your support enables a class of children in Guatemala to receive an academic education and be taught to know and love the Lord!
An investment of $50/month resources a class in Guatemala to provide the best education possible!
What does my support provide?
In the rural areas of Guatemala, more than 75% of Indigenous people live in poverty. Many Guatemalan children don’t complete elementary school. At a Vida school, Christian teachers – many of whom were once Vida students themselves – are personally involved in your students’ lives on a daily basis. Our leaders, teachers and support staff provide godly role models to help the children in your class know the Lord and become all that He intends for them to be!
Your investment of $50/month helps break the cycle of poverty and illiteracy for the children in your class. Your support will help the children receive:
- resources to provide the best education possible
- Christian discipleship and mentoring
- healthy nutritious meals and vitamins to help them learn better
- a welcoming environment with appropriate facilities
- care from teachers who support them holistically
(some of these services are also funded through other gifts to Impact Ministries)
Your class will also be blessed by your prayers and encouragement!
Impact Ministries is looking for 10 supporters for each class in Guatemala. You can follow your class throughout their education in our Vida Schools, although classes do merge, especially during transitions from elementary school to junior high, and junior high school to the senior high teacher training program
How do I choose a class to support?
- Click “See Available Classes” to see classes in Guatemala that you can sponsor
- Personally select your grade and school by clicking More Info > Support This Class
- Once you click “Support this Class”, you’ll be prompted to login or signup to our Sponsorsoft system to complete the sponsorship process. There, you’ll have access to your class picture and online information package
- Don’t forget to set up your monthly support a class donation within 48 hrs to ensure that you are matched with the class you have chosen
How can I stay in touch with my class?
Staying in touch with your class in Guatemala is easy through our Sponsorsoft System!
Log in to Sponsorsoft with the email address you used to sponsor your class, and click on messages > compose message to write to your class in Guatemala. You can even attach a picture! Our teachers are great at helping their class answer your letters!
You will also receive a yearly update from your class (& the enthusiastic prayers of the students in your class!)
We use Sponsorsoft to connect you with the class you support
- If you currently support a class or sponsor a child, you already have an account
If this is your first time logging in to Sponsorsoft (or if you’ve forgotten your password), simply click on “Lost Password? ” and enter the email address you used to support your class to request a password. You’ll be sent a link to set your password, and then you’ll be ready to view your class under the “my sponsorship” tab and find your inbox under the “messages” tab.
- If you would like to support a class, you will need to sign up for an account
Simply click on “Sign up” and enter your name, your email address and a password. You will be sent a verification email with a link to activate your account, and then you’ll be ready to select a class from the available classes
No verification email? First, check your junk mail. If the verification email is not there, click “Lost Password?” on the Sponsorsoft site. Re-enter your email address and click the request reset password button. The link to set your password doubles as a verification email.